LastPass support with safari is really not that great, all the more if you're on Mac. If you're not set in stone about using LastPass, I'd suggest you to take a look at other password managers that offer better support for safari. Unfortunately, I can't help you with that since I don't use safari because most of the things I use there break. Once authenticated, your LastPass Vault opens, and you can use the Safari app extension icon in the web browser or the LastPass Menu Bar icon in the top navigation to use the Quick Search feature (if enabled) open your Vault, generate passwords, manage your Preferences, check for updates, log out, and quit. Use the LastPass Safari app extension. Store usernames and passwords for all of your online accounts securely in your LastPass encrypted vault. With the release of iOS 12, LastPass can now autofill in-app. Simply launch your apps and LastPass will fill in your username and password. Autofill usernames and passwords seamlessly in Safari and other mobile browsers. LastPass for iOS is an app that will allow you to carry your LastPass data around with you and easily log in to websites from your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Once you install and log in to the app, you can set up and use Touch ID or Face ID, enable and use autofill, add and manage passwords, secure notes, and form fill items in your LastPass Vault, use security tools and manage your settings.
How do I install and log in to the LastPass for Safari app extension on my Mac?
The Safari app extension is supported on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later. Please note that the Safari Legacy extension will continue to function on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or earlier, however, that extension will no longer receive updates due to Apple restrictions.
Use Lastpass With Safari
- Download the LastPass for Safari app extension.
- Locate the download, then double-click on the LastPass.dmg file to open.
- Click and drag the LastPass app icon to the Applications folder. If you had installed a previous version of the Safari app extension and are prompted that the LastPass.app already exists in the Applications folder, click Replace.
- Open the Applications folder, then double-click on the LastPass app and click Open.
- In the LastPass for Safari extension app window, enter your email address and Master Password, then click Log In.
- If multifactor authentication is enabled on your account, you will be prompted by your default multifactor option (which can also be changed). Follow the prompts to authenticate, which will vary depending on how multifactor authentication is configured for your account (e.g., facial recognition/fingerprint identification, push notification, time-based passcode, SMS passcode, voice call, etc.).Note: You can also click Additional Multifactor Options (on computer) or tap Use Alternate Multifactor (on mobile) to choose a different method (unless you are part of a company account that has disabled this option). If desired, you can also enable the setting to trust the device for 30 days (unless this option is disabled by your LastPass administrator).
- When prompted, click Open Safari to enable the LastPass for Safari extension. If this prompt is dismissed without enabling, you can manually enable the Safari extension:
- In the Menu Bar, go to Safari > Preferences.
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Check the box to enable the LastPass option in the left navigation.
Result: You're all set! If you ever need to log out, you can log back in using the LastPass app icon in the Menu bar or via the LastPass for Safari web browser extension.
Where Is My Lastpass Vault
- How do I install and log in to the LastPass web browser extension?
- How do I install and log in to the LastPass Password Manager app for iOS?
- How do I install and log in to the LastPass Password Manager app for Android?
- How do I install and log in to the LastPass Mac App?
- How do I install and log in to the LastPass for Windows Desktop application?
- How do I install the binary component for LastPass?
- How do I access LastPass on a non-admin or locked down computer?
- Why is my LastPass for Safari app extension icon color light or dark grey?