Fontexplorer mac free download. System Tools downloads - FontExplorer X Pro by Linotype Library GmbH and many more programs are available for instant and free download. Used together, FontExplorer X Pro and FontExplorer X Server are your complete solution for organizing, exploring and buying fonts and managing font licenses. Version 3.5.2: Resolved Issues. Server fonts using the 'Force Activate' option will correctly retain their activation status when FontExplorer X Pro is restarted in offline mode.
Whether you purchased FontExplorer Pro or you’re just using the trial, the software is the same. You only need to download and install it once.
- Click the Finder (desktop) and the Go menu at the top of the screen.
- Choose Applications. If you already have an older FontExplorer installed, drag it from Applications to the trash.
- Go to http://www.fontexplorerx.com.
- Click Download near the top of the page.
- Click Download Trial.
- When the download completes, open the FontExplorer X disk on your desktop or Finder sidebar.
- Drag the FontExplorer X Pro application to your Applications folder.
- Drag FontExplorer X Pro from Applications to the dock.
Follow these steps the first time you launch FontExplorer Pro.
- Open FontExplorer and click Continue.
- Check the box to agree to the license agreement and continue.
- If FontExplorer Pro asks for a license, click Trial. Later, you’ll need to license the software – see the instructions below.
- Check Organize Font Files and Copy fonts to a new location. The default location is FontExplorer X/Font Library, inside the home folder.
- Click Continue and Analyze. Click Continue again.
- The Plut-In Manager opens. If not, click the Tools menu and choose Plug-In Manager.
- Next to each installed app, click Install or Update. You’ll need the admin password. Then close the window.
- Click the Tools menu and Clean Application Font Caches.
- Click the Tools menu and Clean System Font Caches.
- The computer restarts, then you’re ready to use the fonts. Be sure to license your FontExplorer within 30 days. See below.
Purchasing FontExplorer Pro
You can use FontExplorer for up to 30 days before obtaining a license. When the trial period has ended, the software retains your settings and fonts but won’t run until you purchase and activate a license. If you or your company has already purchased a license, skip to the next section.
- Go to http://www.fontexplorerx.com.
- Click My Account at the top.
- If you’ve already purchased FontExplorer, log in and click Previous Orders. Then click Download Order next to FontExplorer. Skip to Activating the license below.
- Haven’t purchased FontExplorer yet? Log in.
- Click FontExplorer X Pro near the top of the page.
- Click Try or Buy, then click Purchase Now.
- Choose the number of licenses you need and click Proceed to checkout.
- Complete the checkout process with a credit card.
- Download the order to obtain the license file.
Activating the license
After you’ve downloaded and installed the software, and purchased the license, you’re ready to activate it.
- Open your downloads folder from the dock or Finder sidebar. Or click the Finder (desktop) and the Go menu at the top of the screen. Choose Home and open Downloads.
- Open the LLOrder folder. If you don’t have one, follow steps 1-3 of Purchasing FontExplorer Pro. You’re not actually buying it again, you’re just downloading the license file.
- Open the FontExplorer X folder inside the LLOrder folder and open the Pro folder inside that.
- Open the License folder inside and double-click the FEX file inside that.
- FontExplorer Pro opens and activates the license.
FontExplorer also has a server solution that can keep an entire network of computers on the same fonts. If your organization uses a server, please see FontExplorer Server instructions. The rest of this page is for stand-alone users only.
Exporting settings and fonts
If you have more than one computer, you can move the entire font set and settings to the other Mac.
- Open FontExplorer Pro. Make sure FontExplorer Pro has all the fonts and settings you need.
- Click the File menu and choose Local Backup–Create.
- Check the boxes for Sets, Font Request Rules & Preferences and Include Fonts.
- Click Create Backup and save to an external or shared drive.
Importing settings and fonts
Follow these steps to load fonts from a FontExplorer backup file.
- Connect to the external or shared drive containing a FontExplorer backup file.
- Double-click the backup (.fexbackup) file.
- Choose a location for the fonts. The default location is FontExplorer X/Font Library, inside the home folder.
- Check all boxes. If this is a new installation, replace the current configuration. Then click Load.
- When settings are loaded, click Restart FontExplorer.
Learn more about graphics & media.
A practical and handy utility specially designed for professionals who need to control and manage a large collection of text fonts
What's new in Linotype FontExplorer X 1.2.3 Build 833:
- This update (Version 1.2.3) fixes among other things some misbehavior in previous versions of FontExplorer X when used under Mac OS X 10.5. It is strongly recommended for all users of Mac OS X 10.5.
- Updated features: The “Clean System Fonts Folder” function now also takes care of those fonts that are part of the System installation of Mac OS X 10.5.
- System font requests for auto activation caused requesting applications to hang until FontExplorer X is quit. This has been fixed
- Deleting font caches under Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) now works as expected
By default, the macOS Font Book application enables you to both install and manage fonts, but keeping track of large typeface collections this way might prove to be quite challenging.
Linotype FontExplorer X proposes a well organized environment where you can view and group fonts into various collections, you get to decide which ones you want active, and you are able to download new typefaces from the Linotype font store.
User friendly font management solution that works right out of the box
The first time you launch Linotype FontExplorer X, the application offers to scan locations on your disk that are usually containing your fonts collections. What’s more, you get to add new folders to that list, in case you are storing typefaces in custom locations.
As a result, when you open the Linotype FontExplorer X app for the first time, you get to quickly browse your entire fonts library. Note that when system fonts are concerned, Linotype FontExplorer X allows you to see the ones that are available for all users, for a specific user, or for the system.
Effortlessly browse the Linotype store and buy new typefaces
Fontexplorer Mac Crack
To facilitate the installation of new fonts, Linotype FontExplorer X allows you to browse the Linotype font store within its interface, and can even connect to your store account. This way, you get to quickly add new items to your favorites list or to the cart with minimal effort.
Furthermore, the Linotype FontExplorer X application can also handle the checkout process: you can buy and download new fonts in a very streamlined manner.
Powerful font management solution that integrates with third party applications
All in all, if you are dealing with large fonts collections, Linotype FontExplorer X can prove to be a very efficient software solution: you get to group the typefaces together with simple drag and drop actions, and activate or deactivate them with one mouse click.
To improve your productivity further, Linotype FontExplorer X comes with integration plug-ins for some of the most popular digital publishing suites, such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, or QuarkXPress.
Linotype FontExplorer X is part of these download collections: Font ManagersLinotype FontExplorer X was reviewed by
Fontexplorer Mac Free DownloadSergiu Gatlan
Linotype FontExplorer X 1.2.3 Build 833
Font Explorer For Macadd to watchlistsend us an update
- runs on:
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later (PPC & Intel)
- file size:
- 10.1 MB
- main category:
- Font Tools
- visit homepage
Font Explorer App
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID