The first C++ lint plugin for the jetbrains CLion IDE. Install this plugin, set python and cpplint paths in CLion preferences. It will automatically run cpplint against your C++ files while you write code, and show warnings in your editor.
In this video I'll show you how to install CLion in Windows OS. In the System Monitor of Gnome, clion.sh indeed shows up in the process window. I've tried to kill the process and launch Clion again both via terminal command and clicking icon. However, it doesn't help. Note: I didn't set the environmental variable JAVAHOME before, but Clion worked well. So I don't think that the problem is related to JAVAHOME.
- Run cpplint.py on the fly when you are editing C++ source code.
- Highlight corresponding lines with messages about which cpplint.py complains.
- Cygwin environment is supported as well.
- Install this plugin.
- Go to File -> Settings -> Other Settings -> cpplint option, fill in the absolute paths of python and cpplint.py
- The plugin should start working when you open/edit C++ files. Don't bother finding menus/actions to run this plugin, because there're not. Enjoy developing!
- For Cygwin users: use cygwin python package and fill with unix-style paths in the option dialog(for example, /usr/bin/python and /home/tools/cpplint.py).
- For MinGW users: use windows-style paths of python and cpplint.py(for example, C:Python27python.exe and C:Usersusercpplint.py).
- 1.1.0 Compatible with 2018.3
- 1.0.9 Compatible with 2018.2
- 1.0.8 Code improvements. Refactored code.
- 1.0.7 Bugfix. To be compatible with CLion 2017.3.
- 1.0.6 Bugfix. Reverted a change that broke this plugin.
- 1.0.5 Bugfixes. See github issues #10,#11,#16. Thanks johnthagen and timothyolt!
- 1.0.4 Bugfixes. Thanks johnthagen and mherb!
- 1.0.3 Add support for MinGW. Degrade to JDK 6.
- 1.0.2 Fixed IndexOutOfBound exception.
- 1.0.0 Initial commit.
This page covers how to integrate Bazel with IDEs, such as IntelliJ, AndroidStudio, and CLion (or build your own IDE plugin). It also includes links toinstallation and plugin details.
IDEs integrate with Bazel in a variety of ways, from features that allow Bazelexecutions from within the IDE, to awareness of Bazel structures such as syntaxhighlighting of the BUILD files.
If you are interested in developing an editor or IDE plugin for Bazel, pleasejoin the
#ide channel on the Bazel Slack or emailthe bazel-dev mailing list.
IDEs and editors
IntelliJ, Android Studio and CLion
Official plugin for IntelliJ, Android Studio, andCLion. The plugin is open source.
This is the open source version of the plugin used internally at Google.
- Interop with language-specific plugins. Supported languages include Java,Scala, and Python.
- Import BUILD files into the IDE with semantic awareness of Bazel targets.
- Make your IDE aware of Starlark, the language used for Bazel’s BUILD and bzlfiles
- Build, test, and execute binaries directly from the IDE
- Create configurations for debugging and running binaries.
To install, go to the IDE’s plugin browser and search for
To manually install older versions, download the zip files from JetBrains’Plugin Repository and install the zip file from the IDE’s plugin browser:
Tulsi andXCHammer generate Xcode projects fromBazel
Visual Studio Code
Official plugin for VS Code.
- Bazel Build Targets tree
- Starlark debugger for .bzl files during a build (set breakpoints, step throughcode, inspect variables, and so on)
Find the plugin on the Visual Studiomarketplace.The plugin is open source.
language-bazel package onthe Atom package manager.
bazelbuild/vim-bazel on GitHub
Lavender is an experimental project forgenerating Visual Studio projects that use Bazel for building.
Bazel Eclipse Feature is a set of plugins for importing Bazel packages into an Eclipse workspace as Eclipse projects.
Automatically run build and test on file change
Bazel watcher is a tool forbuilding Bazel targets when source files change.
Building your own IDE plugin
Clion Java Error
Read the IDE support blogpost to learn more aboutthe Bazel APIs to use when building an IDE plugin.