How do I enable the LastPass web browser extension?
If you have created a LastPass account and installed the web browser extension but do not see the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, you can try each of the steps below until it appears.
Lastpass Adding To Google Chrome
- Reinstall or update the web browser extension – Go to https://lastpass.com/download to download the latest version of the LastPass web browser extension for your desired web browser.
- Confirm that LastPass is listed and enabled in your web browser extensions – If LastPass is listed but not enabled, you must enable it in order for the LastPass icon to display in your web browser toolbar. If it is not listed, try reinstalling. Instructions for enabling LastPass will vary depending on your web browser, as follows:
- Chrome – Go to chrome://extensions in your Chrome address bar, then toggle the setting on to enable LastPass.
- Firefox – Go to Menu icon or go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > Enablefor LastPass.
- Internet Explorer – First, you must enable the allowance of third-party extensions, then enable LastPass:
- Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and under 'Browsing' select Enable third-party browser extensions then click Apply > OK.
- Go to Tools > Manage add-ons > LastPass Toolbar > Enable.
- Safari – Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Enable
- Reveal LastPass if it is hidden – If you have installed LastPass and confirmed it is enabled, the web browser extension icon may be hidden. Instructions to reveal the hidden extension will vary depending on your web browser, as follows:
- Chrome – Click the Customize Toolbar icon then right-click the LastPass icon and select Show in toolbar, or drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Firefox – Click the Menu icon and select Customize, then right-click the LastPass icon and select Add to toolbar, or drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Internet Explorer – Right-click the web browser toolbar and select LastPass Toolbar to reveal.
- Safari – Go to View > Customize Toolbar then drag and drop the LastPass icon into your toolbar.
- Confirm that another add-on/extension/theme is not interfering – Temporarily disable all add-ons/extensions/themes and re-enable LastPass. Instructions will vary for each web browser.
- Ensure LastPass is allowed in your security or maintenance settings – An anti-virus program, security suite, and/or system maintenance application could be preventing LastPass from being installed or launched. Add LastPass as a trusted source within your security and/or system maintenance settings.
Add Lastpass To Chrome On Ipad
How do I import passwords from the Chrome Password Manager?
You can seamlessly import all of your stored login credentials from the built-in Google Chrome Password Manager directly to your LastPass Vault.
Import into LastPass via Chrome
- Open Chrome, then click the inactive LastPass icon in your toolbar.
- Enter your email address and your Master Password, then click Log In.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon .
- Go to Account Options OR select your LastPass email address, then go to Advanced > Import.
- Select Chrome Password Manager.
- Click Choose File, then select the file you exported from Chrome and click Open.
- Click Upload.
Adding Lastpass To Chrome Browser
Adding Lastpass To Chrome
Autofilling after import
How Do You Add Lastpass To Chrome
Once imported, you might notice that some websites do not autofill right away. This is because LastPass needs to “see” the website in order to capture the exact username and password fields, as they differ from website to website. When you visit the website for the first time after importing, use the Field icons to force fill the credentials and log in. It will autofill every time after that.Related Articles
Add Lastpass To Chrome On Android
- How do I import passwords from other sources into LastPass?
- How do I import my stored data from another password manager into LastPass?
- How do I import stored data into LastPass using a generic CSV file?
- How do I import stored data using the Import Passwords feature for Windows?
- How do I import Wi-Fi passwords into LastPass?
- How do I import stored data into LastPass if I don't have admin privileges in Windows?
- How do I use the passive import method to store data in LastPass?
- How do I import stored data from RoboForm into LastPass?
- How do I import a LastPass Encrypted file that was exported from LastPass?