As one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, Instagram has millions of active users sharing videos and photos online per day. Since it comes with a picture and video editor, all videos and pictures published on this platform are of high quality. However, in order to protect the copyright and privacy of creators, Instagram does not allow users to download videos directly from its platform, which is extremely maddening for those who want to download and save their favorite videos.
Fortunately, there are some third-party Instagram video downloaders designed for this purpose. If you are wondering how to download Instagram videos on your Android, iPhone, or PC, this article will give you a full guide. Keep reading to check the tutorial.
Method 1. Using Video Downloader for Instagram (Android)
Android users can find a lot of reliable apps in Google Play Store to save Instagram videos. One of the best apps with this feature is the Video Downloader for Instagram. With a simple and easy to use user interface, this Instagram video download app lets you download or repost photos and videos from Instagram & Vine apps with one click. Follow these simple steps to download Instagram videos to your Android phone:
- Step 1. Head to the Google Play Store and get the app downloaded to your phone.
- Step 2. Open Instagram, find the video that you would like to download and tap on the three dots in the upper-right corner, then copy share URL.
- Step 3. Run the Instagram video download app and paste the URL in the blank.
- Step 4. Click the Download button to save the video to your gallery.
Rare Instagram downloader offers the private Instagram account download feature. Luckily, 4K Stogram is exactly the tool that can handle the task. Follow the simple steps below to download your friends’ private Instagram posts. Download video, audio, subs from YouTube, grab photos from Instagram, make slideshows and much more! 77EEF0E5-0BD5-4389-9FED-3A516652DCFC EFD94688-37A7-4E25-BF1A-C4F3304D48DA.
Method 2. Using Browser and Documents Manager (iPhone)
The way to download Instagram videos on iPhone is slightly different due to the operating system. It will require a third-party web browsing application with file download capabilities, as well as an online Instagram video downloader. Here we recommend you use the Browser and Documents Manager and BitDownloader. The following are the specific instructions:
Step 1. Open Instagram on your iPhone and find the video that you want to download. Then click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the video, and select Copy Link from the pop-up box.
Step 2. Download the Browser and Documents Manager on your iPhone from the App Store.
Step 3. Run the app after installation and you will find an address bar at the top of the browser. Tap on it and enter the following link: bitdownloader.com. It is a free online video downloader that enables you to download videos from Instagram and other websites without any issues.
Step 4. Enter the pasted video URL in the blank space, then scroll down and click the Download button to start downloading the video.
Step 5. Once the download is complete, switch to the “File” tab where you can find all the files you have downloaded. Just click on the dot icon next to the video, and select “Open” from the menu, then click “Save Video” to save the Instagram video to your iPhone camera roll instantly.
While Instagram’s web version does not allow users to post new posts, it still enables users to log in and view photos and videos online. If you are those who want to save Instagram videos to your computer for a collection, here are some effective methods for you.
Method 3. Using Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader (PC/Mac)
One of the best Instagram video donwloaders on the market, Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader can help you download videos from Instagram ,YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dailymotion, Metacafe, and 3000+ popular sites. What makes this software distinguished is that it also has built-in video conversion and editing functions, which can meet the needs of users to the greatest extent. Now let’s see how it works:
- Step 1. Download and Install Jihosoft 4K Video Downloader on your computer.
- Step 2. Visit instagram.com in your browser and log into your Instagram account. Then find the desired video and tap Copy Link. Run the Instagram video downloader and click “+ Paste URL” button in the main interface.
- Step 3. Wait for the program to parse the video link. When successful, a pop-up window will appear where you can custom the video resolution and quality. After selected, tap Download. The video will start downloading.
- Step 4. Once completed, all downloaded videos will be organized in the “Finished” panel, and you can play the videos directly or open the video files in the folder.
The above are the simple steps to save videos from Instagram. If you need to download videos from YouTube, you can refer to this guide: 7 Best Free Methods to Download YouTube Videos.
Method 4. Using DownloadGram (Online)
Just as its name implies, DownloadGram is a tool designed specifically for Instagram users. This is an online Instagram video downloader that supports saving videos and photos from Instagram without installing any third-party applications or software. With just a few clicks, you can save your favorite videos to your computer quickly. The following are the detailed steps to download Instagram videos online:
- Step 1. Copy a video URL from the Instagram website.
- Step 2. Visit downloadgram.com, you will see a simple interface.
- Step 3. Paste the copied link in the specified white box by holding down the Control+V key simultaneously or right-clicking the mouse.
- Step 4. Next, tap Download > Download video, then your video will be downloaded successfully.
Tips: If you need to download Facebook videos as well, there are some of the best free online Facebook video downloaders available.
Method 5. Using Source Code (Google Chrome)
Another way to save Instagram videos is to check the source code of the video page and extract the download link from there. However, this method is relatively complicated. The following is a detailed explanation of the steps:
- Step 1. Log in to your account on the official website of Instagram.
- Step 2. Find the video you want to download, then right-click and select Inspect or View Source Page from the dialog.
- Step 3. Next, press and hold Control+F keys to open the Find option and enter “.MP4” in it.
- Step 4. At this point, it will automatically locate a piece of code. From here, copy the link next to src= (the link ends with .mp4).
- Step 5. Just paste this link into a new tab to start playing the video. You can then right click and select Save Video As… to download the video.
The Bottom Line
After reaching out this line, I believe you have completely mastered how to download Instagram videos on Android, iPhone, and computer. Now, it’s time to try it for yourself. If you think this article is helpful to you, please share it with your friends and family. If you have any better way, please leave a comment below. Your feedback would be our great honor.